Monday, December 3, 2012

College...Mission... Life

I think it's time for me to take some time and reflect. It has been quite some time since my last post, which isn't a huge deal because I'm not one of those viral bloggers that people feed off or anything, I have just learned through the years that it is important for me to reflect on the past and write it down. You might ask if I keep a journal, that's a definite no... but maybe someday I will. I'll try to put some pictures in here, but for now. This is just me writing down my life's story.

When I returned home from my mission, I wasn't necessarily as stable as I would have preferred. Returning home 6 months early definitely wasn't the easiest experience, nor one that is desired by any young man who goes and serves a mission. However, I wouldn't have it any other way. This past year I have truly learned more about myself than I think I could have given any other circumstance. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, and the experiences I have had since being home have undoubtedly confirmed that belief.

Life is full of ups and downs, if it weren't that way, life would be lame! My original plan for the fall term was to stay in Fresno, go to Fresno City, and coach volleyball at Clovis North. It was a perfect set-up, and I'd make tons of money...not really, but sufficient. I knew it was a good choice, but I couldn't help thinking that it wasn't the best. The Lord definitely has guided me time and time again, deciding where to go to school was definitely His doing. The spirit kept pressing me to find a way to get to Utah (I know.. the land of the Mormons). However, I am an absolute advocate of this place. I much prefer to have a career in Fresno, but for now, Utah has been where I need to be. I was accepted, gracefully, into the LDS Business College. I had heard many great things about this school, and my wonderful aunt and uncle have allowed me to live in their home. It's so great, I love it, and them!

One of the greatest parts of LDS Business College is the emphasis they put on the spirit teaching us. I took this to heart from the very first day. I knew there was something I needed to personally learn there. Mind you, the spirit consistently pressed me to get the wheels turning towards going back out on my mission and finishing honorably. The first month or so of school, every assignment in which I was required to ponder and let the spirit guide my learning, I was pressed to return to the mission. I learned about myself, about why I am the way I am, and why I do the things I do. Ultimately, I decided to return to the mission field, and would do whatever was required of me to do so. Funny side note- going to the gym every day and turning my brain off from all the outside cares allowed me many hours of reflecting, and the ultimate conclusion that I want to return. I actually sent the text to my Stake President letting him know that I was ready to get back. That's just for my sister-in-law though, she likes to hear how much I go to the gym. :)

Did I mention how much I love school? I have the greatest teachers. I have definitely confirmed that I want to be an English teacher/coach. That's my calling in life. I know it... so I'm going to chase it, once I finish my mission, of course. My English teacher has definitely been one of the most inspirational teachers I have had. She has helped me out a ton and helped me grow in my learning and writing. She ensured me that she would still be around when I return and to keep in touch after my mission so that she can help me get the ball rolling! Have you ever thought about the people that are placed in your life at any given time? There have been countless individuals who have come in to my life and have led me in the direction that the Lord wants me to go. God definitely know's me, and the type of people to place in my life, because time and time again He has led me through them. So to those of you who have been one of God's helpers in my life, thank you.

This past year since being home, I have been able to remove the thickest and strongest of chains that were bringing me down each and every day. Only through the grace of the Lord, Jesus Christ and His Atonement has that been possible. I hope to one day be able to help others around me, and to always be a positive  example in peoples lives. I can't stand having grudges or harsh feeling towards others. It's funny because even though I say that, I'm a hypocrite. I have a long way to go in this life, but I do try to improve myself daily. I think I'll put some pictures in now.

The Salt Lake City Temple..

Solitude, Comfort, Peace.. I took this one day just sitting, waiting for some friends for brunch! 

Fresno People... :) 

We always stick together. 


My cousin Coleman..
Definitely grew as best friends while living with this kid! 

Sidney and Matti...
Through good and bad... I really do love them both. 

My boy Taylor.
He's a huge example to me. Thanks man. 

Man-Period...
Story of my life.

My brothers.
Shooting one day. It's good to be with them.

FAMILY PICTURES!
Not my favorite activity, but we look good I think :) 

Brooke! 
This about sums up our friendship. Don't hate me for putting a pic of you k?

P.P.P.
The Brotherhood Reunited... These guys give me strength.

There you have it. Love it, hate it. Life's fantastic. Have a great day and always remember:
"I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you uo." - Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

No comments: