Monday, April 7, 2008

A New Day

Well today was the day i officially became a BlOgGeR! Yes I had a Myspace and have a Facebook, but this completes the whole blogging experience I believe! I was introduced to this whole ordeal mainly by my cousin Nate. However, I know that basically their whole family does this so my thanks goes out to the Probert family!
This weekend Me and Parker and a bunch of his friends took a quicky road trip up to Utah. Mainly for conference, I think...anyway, I spent much of my time with the family which for me was the main reason I attended the whole road trip. I got to see Seth I think last week before he leaves and I wanted a chance to be able to see Coleman. While in Utah, I would say that it was a very exciting and fun trip. I hung out with Chase Chan and Matti on Friday night and saw a movie. On Saturday I hung out with Coleman, and also had the opportunity to go to the Priesthood session at the conference center. It was amazing! However, I must admit that I did fall asleep for the first half hour or so, I was pretty dang tired! Before the session, Coleman and I were debating on even going or not. I have to say I am so glad i went. Usually when I dont want to go to a church meeting I push myself more to want to go because I know that there is something I need to hear. At the Priesthood session, there were many great talks given. I'm sure that mostly everyone has heard about how amazing President Monson is at wiggling his ears haha! I went to the session feeling somewhat happy, but when I left I was filled with the spirit and in a great mood. It's pretty amazing, the spirit. It's also pretty amazing how you can go from such a spiritual high down to feeling no love and feeling the evils of Satan among you in such a short period of time.
I haven't really ever been too open about my spirituality and the aspects and teachings of the church until earlier this year. Only a short while ago I had never gotten up in sacrament meeting to bare my testimony. Now I sometimes feel like I get up too much haha, but every time I get up not only is it a strengthening experience to me but there is always one person who says that it really meant something to them. That always makes me feel good to hear things like that. Recently I have been trying my best to finish the Book of Mormon for the first time on my own. I feel it a nessecary goal in my life right now. I was recently called to be co-chair in my stake. If you have no clue what that means, we are basically in the same boat haha. But from what I do know, it means I and 2 other girls (1 other co-chair and 1 secretary) are in charge of all the stakes activities for the youth. Our main being EFY during spring break. One of the things the co-chair from last year has told me is that I will be tempted more than I ever have before. Seeing as this is only the begining and I haven't had any responsibilities yet, I can forsee alot of extremely trying days. I have already felt the evils of Satan working upon me at the times when he knows I am most volnerable. I have already prayed and read my scriptures more than ever in my life. Sadly, I know I can do better. This calling I have accepted and commited to give my all to is going to prepare me more for my mission than anything else could. I already feel love for others that I haven't felt before. I know that the love I feel for the other people comes from my Heavenly Father. I have already become more open to talking and discussing thing of the church with people and actually I am sometimes the one to bring them up. I love it, all of it. Well, there is alot more that I really want to say but to be honest, I am still a little tired from that 11 hour drive from good old Utah!:) anyway, I love you all!

2 comments:

JAMIE said...

I am officially upset with you. YOu were in Utah and did not come by and visit...so sad!!!

H-less said...

I love this post and want to comment more when I can write in complete sentences and it is not 1 AM, but I am so happy you started a blog and shared the things you did here. Carry on! Miss and love you too