Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Music & My Dreams

Alright... Music. I can't deny my love for music, I've written all too many times about how much I love it. But I've been playin' a lot of guitar lately, and well, i'm absolutely love every moment that I spend with my guitar, whose name just so happens to be, Leonidas.

Recently, in a couple of the dreams that I have had... There has been music involved, some stuff that I have never before heard. It's almost like my mind is screaming at me to get the stuff out, but when I go to play, NOTHING COMES! So, i've come to the conclusion that the music is there in my head, but I just can't quite get it out right yet. Maybe i'm not to the skill level I need to be, so, maybe some day it will all work for me. Someday..definitely.

So the post is called "Music & My Dreams." Yeah, because, music has been in my dreams, and I have some pretty dang crazy dreams! Just ask some of my friends whom I share some of these dreams with, because often times, it's about them! However, last night..I could fly. It was super sweet, then after I was done flying, this kid sang to me. It was beautiful! I feel like I have dreams about people whom I have never met, and then I wake up and wonder..are they out there? Because I would love to meet them. Especially the girls! I could say, "Hey, I had a dream about you once.. YOU are my dream-girl!" Haha yeah right, like that will ever happen. The one girl I dream about these day's is in love with someone else. But hey, that's perfectly okay :)

Well, if you're wondering, "My Dreams" expands more beyond what happens in my R.E.M. cycles. In my life, I have many goals and aspirations that I would enjoy accomplishing. But, sometimes we fall short, which is okay! Ultimately, with my life, I want to become a teacher and a coach. Preferably at the high school level, teaching English and coaching Volleyball. Want to know something crazy? I've already got both of my dream jobs! However, they're not official careers or anything. I work at Liberty Elementary School with the RSP program. Do I know what RSP stands for? nope. but.. allow me to explain. Some kids have a harder time learning the basics, reading, math, social studies, that sort of stuff. So, I help them out, and give them lessons. I teach 4 kids, 2 @ the same time, then the other 2 I work one-on-one with. They are all amazing kids. Vincent and Logan I work with in the morning, we start out working on Language Arts, then on to Math after a 30 minute session. I love these kids, they are an absolute pleasure to work with, no denying that. Vincent has the brightest smile ever, and it's sooooo deceiving! He smiles always, and it's hard to decipher what kind of mood he is in. But i love him, no doubt. Logan, funny kid, doesn't talk much, but he's always a pleasure to work with, and loves telling me about what he does randomly throughout the week. kind of... then there's Chris. hahaha oh boy, this kid just cracks me up! He has a very very high functioning form of Autism, which makes me love him all that much more. He has the greatest sense of humor, and even has courage enough to make fun of me, Mr. Hansen! <--that was weird to have to start being called that! After I work with Chris, I work with Neil. (I will tell more about the kids later on, when i know more about them individually, it's only been a couple of weeks.) He always comes in and looks like he has done something clever and won't tell me about. Like he's hiding a secret. Then he tells me about how he played Call of Duty on XBOX for 4 hours the past night. He just got glasses, the old school big frame ones, they are totally awesome!! super retro. So yeah, i work from 9-12 every day, and it's amazing!

Coaching starts this week..tomorrow actually. I've been coaching a 13's club team for the girls, they are all super funny. way fun to work with, when they call me coach, it trips me out!!! I'm going to be the head JV coach of the boys team at Clovis North High School. I'm pumped about that one, i'm actually gettin' paid for it! But yeah. Life is going super great for me right now, everything just..happend. Well, I can't say that. God had a major part in everything. I thank him for everything I am blessed with, the teaching job, I could not have gotten that job without his help! oh boy! that's for another post though. I love Him, and the church. EVERYTHING happens for a reason, i'm a firm believer in that. But for now. Just know. Life's working out for me. I love you all. Whoever you may be.

No comments: