Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Soul Delights

Well, Life's pretty crazy, i won't lie. uh. it's been a long time since i last posted anything here on this blog, but. i'm finally breaking out of my shell, i'm no longer afraid to discuss the things of my soul to people, or to sit and sing in front of the ones i love. for some reason, i used to be oh so scared of that. as well as reading my scriptures in front of my parents, for some odd reason when my mom would tell me, "good job" or something of that sort for reading my scriptures. it would make me want to do it less. i guess i just feel like reading my scriptures doesn't deserve any praise on congratulation, all that should be given to God.

so i wake up every morning, drop to my knees, thank my heavenly father, and ask him to grant me with His spirit. also for help and guidance in the things which i am currently working on. getting ready for my mission being my #1 right now. study 30 minutes each morning is the goal, and i have been sticking to that goal to the best of my ability, ever since the new year started, i have been keeping up on a lot of things. I love the new year, it's a time for change and betterment. i don't care who you are or what you have seen in the past, it's the dang truth! <--sarcasm. don't worry. i have truly grown to love studying the doctrine of the church, my choice piece of study at this moment in time: preach my gospel. oh man, it's truly an amazing book. i have been studying the chapters each morning, conquering 1 chapter a day, and now i'm on the lessons and am through the first 2. i'm nowhere close to being able to teach them, i'm just familiarizing myself with them right now, but later, i will work harder on knowing them. it is so interesting to read and take in the things of those lessons. i found that one of the most interesting was in ch. 2 of it, the lesson on "what i should study" or something. about taking the things that we learn, the gospel principles, and actually applying them to our lives and showing Christ that we actually care. that way we learn so much more through the experiences we have by following those principles.

i could go on for days about that, but i'll save it for later.

No comments: